There are many benefits to purchasing a remanufactured transmission, especially for the consumers that have created a budget for themselves. When it comes to purchasing a remanufactured transmission, there are some things to be aware of as well. Most people are concerned about having a properly functioning vehicle as quickly as possible which is why purchasing a remanufactured transmission may be the perfect solution.
Benefits of Purchasing Remanufactured
- Cost Effectiveness – costs will always be lower when purchasing a remanufactured transmission. Purchasing new is expensive and the job is very labor intensive – which leads to more out of pocket expenses.
- New pieces are used during repair/remanufacturing – when choosing a remanufactured transmission, new parts are used in conjunction to the old properly functioning parts
- Warranty – a remanufactured transmission typically comes with a warranty or the shop will guarantee their work.
- Works just like new – just because the entire transmission is not brand new, it will work just as well as a new transmission and may even work slightly better.
The Remanufacturing Process
Each piece in the transmission will be taken apart, examined, cleaned and then either repaired or replaced with a new part. Our highly professionally trained and knowledgeable staff can easily see and pinpoint the exact problem with the transmission and fix it accordingly. In this particular shop, no customer will leave dissatisfied because we know how stressful it can be to have a car that is not working properly.
The Difference between Remanufacturing and Rebuilding
For those individuals who do not know or may be questioning if there is a difference between repairing and remanufacturing, the answer is, YES. The term remanufactured transmission actually implies that the transmission has been worked on inside of a factory instead of by a rebuilding specialist. The great thing about the remanufacturing process is that all of the newest updates on parts will be included so one will receive a product back that is better than the one they had before.
Downfalls of Purchasing a Remanufactured Transmission
- Warranty Length – the length of a remanufactured transmission will not be a lengthy as purchasing a new transmission
- Proper Testing – there is always question as to if parts and remanufactured pieces go through rigorous testing before they are placed with in the vehicle
The benefits in purchasing a remanufactured transmission by far outweigh the downfalls especially for those individuals who are looking to save themselves a great deal of money. Transmission repair can be quite costly not only because of the parts costs, but because the repair includes labor intensive work – time equals money in a vehicle repair situation.
Before spending an exorbitant amount of money of replacing a transmission, consider the different options that paying for a remanufactured transmission may be the best option to go with. Not just financially, but all around.