Thinking of trading in your stick for an automatic? Here are seven great reasons, from TransmissionRepairGuy, on why staying with a manual transmission can be the right choice for you:
- You love to drive. Unlike fans of automatic transmissions, you don’t just want to get from point A to point B. You actually enjoy driving your car! And you know you get more out of the experience when the car runs on manual.
- The price is right. Manual transmissions cost a lot less than automatics, mostly because of the low demand and less moving parts. That, of course, means great news for you and your wallet!
- Few maintenance woes. Since manuals are simpler by design, they’re easier to fix and maintain, so repair and maintenance bills won’t set you back too many dollars. With a manual ride, you can save up on costs without having to skip on much-needed maintenance and repairs.
- You’re used to it. Based on trade-in numbers, few stick drivers are replacing their sticks to go to automatic. Habit or not, if driving a stick is comfortable for you, there’s no reason to change things.
- Better road acceleration. Manuals often have better acceleration. That’s because they weigh less. Power loss, too, is diminished. That’s not the case with automatic transmissions, though. So if the thought of owning a powerful vehicle holds more appeal for you, then going for a manual is an easy choice.
- Not appealing to thieves. Because most drivers in North America drive an automatic, making sure yours runs on manual might keep enterprising thieves away from your ride. That’s certainly a creative way to discourage thieves.
- You’re in the driver’s seat. This is basically what most drivers love about owning a stick: you’re in control. Some might go for convenience and ease, but if you want your driving experience to be all about having control on the road, about navigating through all the traffic and empty roads firmly, then manual is the only option for you!
These are just 7 reasons for you to love your manual. Need to get yours in for transmission repairs? If not repairs, then how about basic maintenance services? Interested in getting remanufactured transmission systems? For more information on how to buy a manual transmission, or about repair and maintenance services involving transmission parts, visit us at Trans Works Transmissions.
Cut repair costs! Trans Works Transmissions offers you a great selection of remanufactured transmission makes and models to choose from. Call us today for a quote!